Some SEO basics to grow your small business
- Know what your customers are searching for. Use SEMrush to find the keywords your competitors are using. Target the keywords specific to your business.
- Create meta titles, meta descriptions, URLs and content that is unique and different. Creating new pages can also help target new keywords and send signals to search engines.
- Write unique and compelling content that your audience will read and share. You can use video, images, news, etc. to make it more interesting.
- Diversify your marketing. Reviews, social media, email, guest blogging, forums, etc. can divert traffic to your website.
- Optimize everything. Provide alt tags to help get your website noticed. An alt tag appears when an Internet user hovers the mouse over an image or graphic.