If you want to sell a product or service, then you need a high SEO ranking so people can find you. The first step towards achieving better SEO rankings is qualitative keyword research.
Steps Involved in Keyword Research
2. Words: Select keywords for your product or service and scrutinize them. Check long phrases which are less viewed and convert into keywords.
3. Analysis: Use Keyword Effectiveness Index (KEI) and keyword difficulty score to see how hard it’ll be to rank for a keyword. Check estimated cost per click of the keywords.
4. Competition: Check with competitors to see if your keywords can outrank them.
Factors to check:
- Backlinks – Check if the competitors have more links which will make it difficult to outrank them.
- On-page SEO – Check the quality of on-page optimization of the competing pages by scanning their titles, descriptions, content, and internal link anchors.
- Content –The more unique and useful the content, the better.
- Domain authority – Check the duration of the competing domains, their Alexa rank, and their popularity in social media.